Ever thought of light therapy as a tool for loosening up your joints? This relatively new technology has positive results on exercise lovers worldwide. Technology prevails in the recreational, pro-sports, and exercise & wellness industry because it has been persistently shown to improve physical ability, develop muscle, and encourage recovery.
Light therapy is a relatively recent method of fitness exercise that has been scientifically confirmed through various validated trials and is used anecdotally in fitness centres and gyms. Coaches from various athletic teams, wellness facility executives, gym coaches, and exercise fans use both red and infrared light treatment daily for optimal performance and rapid muscle regeneration.
Arthritis and associated joint disorders concern more than 40 million American citizens. The resultant discomfort has been the world’s number one source of injury for a long time and is normally treated with medicine and surgery.
This blog post discusses the broad basis of clinical literature on natural-treatment of joint issues and arthritis through light therapy, which is also known as photobiomodulation (PMB) and other names. Researchers from different countries have found that this technology has a profound impact on significant relief of joint pain and promotes seamless movement in arthritis patients. Additionally, more positive reports come out annually, and we’ll review a few of them below. Let’s just dive into it!
A brief overview of red light therapy
Before going into the benefits, we must define the bare basics of red and near infrared light therapy. We are learning on a daily basis that red and near-infrared light therapy can benefit virtually every system of the body and can even improve the way you look—it can help you to shed inches of fat; reduce the signs of aging; regrow hair; boost fertility; increase the results you get from your workouts; reduce pain; speed healing; boost hormonal health and lower inflammation. The list goes on…
- It is the simplest treatment to cure all sorts of skin and inflammation issues using red light.
- This technology uses wavelengths in the red spectrum that treat both at both skin level and all the way through to your bones via the infrared wavelengths.
- It is claimed, through various medical research and journals, that you will reduce marks, cuts, wounds, or abrasions with the help of this revolutionary technology.
Light therapy has invaded the fitness; medical and wellness sectors and the important thing about it is that there are so many people out there enjoying the very real benefits! The positive effects of light therapy on activity; fitness and basic physical performance areas such as strength; speed and stamina have been documented in hundreds of peer-reviewed trials. To confirm this several randomized trials were thoroughly reviewed and meta-analyzed in 2015. Overwhelmingly positive findings have been found in the study. 
The beneficial effects of light therapy treatment on fatigue, inflammation and joint pain have been well established over countless clinical trials every single year for 3 decades. This sums up the potential of the technology, which is backed up by relevant studies regarding rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis and other related ailments.
Exciting benefits of light therapy in joint pain relief
Now, we have arrived at the most anticipated part of this blog post: the benefits? How does light therapy relieve your joints and make you more flexible overall? The following thrilling benefits will compel you into using this revolutionary technology:
- Red and infrared light therapy relieves knee pain – A variety of experiments have been performed directly on red and NIR light therapy relating to osteoarthritis of the knee. Two independent Brazilian trials in 2018 found that the light therapy with regular physical activity was substantially more successful in reducing overall knee pain than stretching or exercising alone. The facilitators of one research concluded that the patient’s knees had reduced discomfort and improved physical mobility after 3 consecutive months of light therapy sessions with regular exercise. Since 2015, the general consensus of other large journal trials has demonstrated that this technology greatly decreases osteoarthritis in the knee. 
- Increase your motion range using red light – New research on this technology draws on prior studies demonstrating that red light therapy does not only relieve knee pain and osteoarthritis but also increases mobility and motion range. 
- Red light allows you to regenerate your cartilages – A 2017 research of Lasers of Medical Science examined knee cartilages in animal experiments and concluded that red light dramatically decreased pain and increased knee cartilage recovery by “biochemical improvements.” So, this tackled root causes, not just numb symptoms. 
- Light therapy treats meniscus injuries – In 2013, European researchers performed a placebo-controlled study of pain thresholds in selected patients with the meniscal disease, specifically meniscus tears. The researchers concluded that light treatment has been linked with a substantial reduction in symptoms relative to the placebo control group: it can be seen in meniscal disease patients who don’t wish for any surgeries. 
- Achieve general knee comfort with red light – Red light treatment will also treat general joint conditions that are not linked to arthritis. The Australian Journal of Physiotherapy made a review that looked at eleven (11) clinical reports using red and near-infrared light treatment to treat chronic joint conditions in the leg. In both of these trials, light therapy decreased pain while increasing optimal joint function. 
- Use red light therapy to relieve hand osteoarthritis – A systematic study of Lasers of Medical Research in 2015 discovered that red light therapy and ultrasound demonstrated positive effects in the treatment of hand osteoarthritis of selected females with a substantial reduction in pain. The research has reported comprehensive, encouraging effects with the use of red light therapy with light to moderate arthritis in the legs, spine, back, chin, and other parts. 
- Relieve various wrist nodes with red light therapy – A German research published in the LSM (Lasers in Surgical Medicine) in 2016 examined the impact of red light therapy on people’s hands with bone growth and swelling disorders known as Bouchard’s nodes & Heberden’s nodes. The researchers found that light therapy had “significantly decreased pain, ring size, and improved motion range” and that “the results were very high.” 
- Red light therapy eliminates spine pain – The latest study that we found has also demonstrated promise for reducing joint pain in the spine from diseases such as ankylosing spondylitis. In 2016, a review from Europe found that using red light therapy with stretching exercises relieved spinal pain even more efficiently than placebo stretching therapy in participants with Ankylosing spondylitis. 
- Treat early arthritis symptoms with red light – Conventional medicine treats the effects of arthritis but does not provide an absolute treatment. Emerging lab studies in 2018 indicate that this technology can cure cellular arthritis and its root causes. Brazillian photomedicine researchers released a report in 2018 presenting that light therapy successfully decreased all levels of post-treatment cytokines and improved immune cell count in mammals. Researchers have concluded: “Our findings indicate that red light therapy can alter the inflammatory path of arthritis, further accelerating its resolution by photobiostimulation of immune cells.” 
And, there you have it, all the major benefits of light therapy for joint pain relief! It is worth checking out our line of light therapy items! We have the PRO series, the top-of-the-line product range, which is ranked as the best possible wellness option out there. Don’t panic if you’re on a tight budget either! Leredd still have the ACTIVE package, our most affordable solution to the light therapy experience without any compromise whatsoever. You just need to get started…